Monday, February 1, 2010



"If you want to identify me, ask me not where I live or what I like to eat, but ask me what I am living for, in detail, ask me what I think is keeping me from living fully for the thing I want to live for."  
-Thomas Merton


  • Wake- 0430
  • Weigh in- 189.7 lbs.
  • Intu-Flow @ 10 mins.
  • Clubbell drill @ 10 mins.
  • Breakfast- Two scrambled organic brown eggs w/ 1/4 cup mixed organic frozen vegetables and 1/4 cup ground turkey sausage w/ fresh organic spinach in whole wheat vegetable wrap. 6 oz. of non-fat local dairy milk. One tablespoon of natural crunch peanut butter.
  • Late Morning- 8 oz. orange juice, 20 oz. water, one medium-sized Granny Smith apple.
  • Lunch- One cup of organic semolina pasta with one cup of spaghetti sauce w/ ground turkey sausage. Three-quarters cup of fresh raw spinach. 10 oz. water. 8 oz. of herbal mint hot tea.
  • Early Afternoon- 8 oz. herbal mint hot tea and 20 oz. water.
  • Late Afternoon- 20 oz. water.
  • Early Evening- 12 oz. protein shake w/ one small banana, 12 oz. non-fat local dairy milk, two tablespoons crunchy natural peanut butter, half cup oatmeal, one scoop protein powder. 
  • Dinner- One and a half cups of mixed organic frozen vegetables with a tablespoon of margarine and a black bean burger with fresh organic spinach, tablespoon of pesto, one slice of Muenster cheese in a jalapeno wrap. 12oz. water and 4 oz. cranberry juice.  
  • Intu-Flow @ 10 mins.
  • 45 lb. kettlebell drill @ 5 mins.
  • Sit ups @ 30 secs.
  • Parallette push ups @ 30 secs.
  • Parallette Prasara Forward Pressure @ 30 secs.
I have felt pretty alert and energized today. The cats woke me up at 0430 with their incessant scratching. I am beginning to appreciate it as a natural alarm of sorts to get me out of bed. That gave me about 5.5 hours of sleep last night- which typically would never be enough, but I feel like the quality was better than I usually receive. We played hard yesterday in the snow and the cold on my feet and ankles was exhilarating. I had the feeling of having worked a long and laborious day last night when we sat down for dinner. It was a satisfying feeling that I haven't had in a while. Hopefully one that will revisit soon and often. 

Had dinner a little late @ 2030 so I had to wait until 2200 before I could work out. It was a fast little workout but a hard hitting one. I am excited to begin the Tac-Fit Commando sets tomorrow. I like using tools so I know that will be a supplemental routine and not my core system. 

Heading to bed now @ almost 2300. My wife won't be happy as we didn't get to spend much time together tonight, but hopefully she will join me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment